In House Services
These services can be accessed through our Practice Nurse:
- Immunisations & Vaccinations (adult & child)
- Contraception & Family Planning (also via GP)
- Asthma Checks
- Diabetic Checks
- Well Man/Woman Checks
- Hypertension Checks
- Travel Advice
- Cervical Smears/swabs
- Chronic Disease Advice & Management (eg Diabetes, Asthma, COPD, Hypertension)
These services can be accessed through our Health Care Assistant:
- Blood Tests
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Urine/Blood Sugar Testing
- New Patient Checks
- ECG (GP request only)
- Audiometry (GP request only)
- Smoking Cessation
- Influenza (Oct – Jan) and Pneumococcal injections
- Baby/Child weighing
- Antenatal Clinics – held on a Wednesday afternoon (follow up) and a Thursday afternoon (first booking) by the Community Midwife
- Baby Clinic – held on a Tuesday afternoon at the Practice.
If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the Practice Nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.
It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible – at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work. Prior to your appointment please complete a Travel Risk Assessment.
The majority of vaccinations for foreign travel are a free NHS service however protection against malaria and rabies (if required), will be issued on a private prescription where a fee will be payable at the pharmacy. The anti-malaria tablets can also be bought over the counter at some pharmacies.
We are not a registered Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre. Your nearest Centre is Surrey Lodge Practice: www.surreylodge.co.uk