The practice has a strict policy regarding confidentiality and data protection. We will only release test results to the person to whom they relate unless that person has given prior permission for the release of this data or they are not capable of understanding the results due to language or mental health issues.
Results are given out over the telephone and can be requested at the reception desk throughout the day.
The times between giving in your samples and the Practice receiving your results are listed below. These are approximate times only and some results may take longer to come back from the labs. Please leave at least the minimum amount of time before requesting them from the Practice.
- blood or urine: 2 to 3 working days
- faeces: 6 to 7 working days
- swabs: 3 to 5 working days
- smear: 6 to 8 weeks
- x-ray or scan: 2 to 3 weeks
Admin staff are not able to interpret your results. If you need any further detail or explanation please ask for a doctor or nurse to call you back or make a routine appointment.
Getting your test results
If your test results show that you need more tests or treatment, we will contact you.
Once a doctor has reviewed your test results, you can view them:
- in your NHS account (through the NHS website or NHS App)
- in your Patient Access account
- phone us on 0161 224 5555 or visit us between 10am to 4pm and we will tell you what the results are
- to receive your test results by sms message please fill in the test results request form
Questions about your results
If you want to talk to someone about your results, fill out our test results request form and someone will be in touch.